杨学玲
当作宾语补足语的动词和前面的宾语之间是被动关系时,一般应用动词的-ed形式作宾语补足语。
1.在感官动词see, hear, feel, notice, watch, find等后作宾语补足语。
I heard the Ninth Symphony played last night.
昨晚我听了第九交响乐的演奏。
We found all the rivers seriously polluted.
我们发现所有的河流都被严重污染了。
Yesterday I noticed a little girl caught stealing in the shop.
昨天我在商店里见到一个小女孩偷东西时被抓住了。
He felt his collar pulled by someone from behind.
他感觉到衣领被人从后面拉了一下。
2.在使役动词get, have, make, leave, keep等后作宾语补足语。
①动词的-ed形式作get的宾语补足语。
Doris got her bad tooth pulled out in the hospital.
多丽丝在医院把坏牙拔了。
Ill just get these dishes washed and then Ill come.
我得先把盘子洗了,然后就来。
比较:
动词get后也可接动词不定式或动词-ing形式作宾语补足语,和宾语是主动关系。
I couldnt get the car to start this morning.
今早我无法把汽车发动起来。
He got his sister to help him with his clothes.
他让姐姐帮他洗衣服。
It is not hard to get him talking; the problem is stopping him!
让他说话不难,难的是让他停止说话。
Can you really get that old clock going again?
你真的能让那只旧钟再走起来吗?
②动词的-ed形式作make的宾语补足语。
He raised his voice in order to make himself heard.
他提高了嗓门,为了使别人听清他的讲话。
You should make your views known to the public.
你应该让公众知道你的观点。
注意:
动词make后的宾语补足语可用不带to的动词不定式或动词-ed形式,但不可用动词-ing形式。
你能让学生理解这篇课文吗?
【误】Can you make the students understanding the text?
【正】Can you make the students understand the text?
【正】Can you make the text understood by the students?
③动词-ed形式作keep或leave的宾语补足语。
They all went home, leaving all the work undone.
所有的工作都没完成,他们就回家了。
The detective and his assistant kept themselves locked in the room all night. 侦探和他的助手把自己整夜反锁在房间里。
④使役动词have 后既可接动词-ed形式,也可接动词不定式和动词
-ing形式作宾语补足语。三者之间有一定的区别。
have…do
不定式动作由宾语发出,表示让某人做某事。
Im going to have the teacher answer this question after class.
我打算课后让老师回答这个问题。
have…doing
(1)让某人做某事或让某个动作一直持续着。
He had the car waiting outside. 他让小汽车在外面等着。
(2)常用于否定结构,表示“不容忍”、“不能让”。
We wont have the child talking to his mother like that.
我们不能容忍那个孩子那样对他的妈妈说话。
have…done
(1)宾语和补足语之间有逻辑上的被动关系,表示某事由别人做。
Where did you have your hair cut? 你在哪儿理的发?
(2)表示主语遭到某种不幸或陷入恶劣的环境。
The house had its roof blown off. 房子的屋顶被吹掉了。
(3)完成某事(自己也可能参与)。
He has had one thousand yuan saved. 他已存了1,000元。
(4)否定式表示“不允许”。
I wont have anything said against her.
我不允许别人说反对她的任何话。
3.动词的-ed形式也可用在with(without)结构中,作介词的宾语补足语。
With everything well arranged, he left the office.
一切都安排妥善之后,他离开了办公室。
She has come back with her backpack filled with interestingpicture-books. 她已经回来了,背包里塞满了有趣的图书。
Without any grain left in the house, the little girl had to go begging. 家里没有粮食,小女孩只好出去讨饭。
Without any more time given, we couldnt finish the task in three weeks. 如果不再给我们多些时间的话,三星期之内我们完成不了任务。
4.某些动词后(如want, need, prefer, would like等),作宾语补足语的不定式被动形式省略“to be”,就成了动词-ed形式作宾语补足语。
I would like this matter (to be) settled immediately.
我希望这事立即得到解决。
Id prefer this book (to be) translated by my sister.
我情愿让我妹妹来翻译这本书。
We need the work (to be) finished by Saturday.
我们需要这项工作周六之前完成。
The peasants dont want good farmland (to be) built on.
农民们不想让好好的农田被用来建造房子。