王钰
1. a heart-to-heart talk 倾心谈话
A: Bob is really disturbed these days. 鲍勃最近很焦虑。
B: Wed better have a heart-to-heart talk with him. 我们最好和他好好谈谈。
A: But we cant talk like elders. 但我们可不能像长辈那样谈。
B: Of course not. Lets talk to him in a very friendly way. 那当然不行。我们和他像朋友似地谈谈。
2. after ones own heart合……的心意
A: Congratulations on your wedding, Alison. 艾莉森,祝你新婚幸福!
B: Thank you. 谢谢。
A: Fred is really a good guy. 弗莱德真是个好小伙子。
B: Hes a guy after my own heart and I think hell make a perfect husband. 他很合我心意,我觉得他会成为一个完美的丈夫。
3. a heart of gold金子般的心;美好的心灵
A: My granny is kind-hearted. She is always ready to help. 我奶奶心肠很好,总是乐于助人。
B: She does have a heart of gold. 她心肠的确很好。
4. a heart of stone铁石心肠
A: My father has a heart of stone! 我父亲真是不通人情!
B: Why do you say that, Bobbie? 为什么那样说,博比?
A: When I was watching my favorite film, he asked me to go to bed right away. Before I said anything, he turned off TV. 我在看最喜欢的电影时,他让我马上去睡觉。不等我说话,就把电视关了。
5. have a heart 發发慈悲吧;做好事
A: Peter, you should tidy your room right away. 彼得,你该清扫房间了。
B: Have a heart, Mom. Ive just finished doing my homework. Im too tired. 行行好,妈妈,我刚刚做完功课,太累了。
A: Then you must do it tomorrow. 那你明天得打扫干净。
6. have ones heart in ones mouth吓得要命;焦急万分;非常紧张
A: I have my heart in my mouth whenever there is an exam. 一有考试,我就紧张。
B: Me, too. 我也是。
A: So my score is seriously affected by that. 所以严重地影响了我的成绩。
B: And its difficult to overcome, isnt it? 而且紧张还难以克服, 对不对?